Anonymous
Q:

Can my 17-year-old with LD handle college?

My 17-year-old daughter has a LD. She’s struggled so much throughout school that I’m really worried about whether she can handle college. I don’t want to discourage her, but I want her to be realistic.
In Topics: Getting ready for college, Learning disabilities

|

DrSheldonHorowitz

“College” is not one thing, and your daughter likely has a variety of options that are worth exploring before a commitment is made to a post-high school program of study. Many students with LD look to community colleges as opportunities to “test the waters” and ease their way into college coursework, with the option of graduating with an associates degree and then transferring to a 4-year institution. Others choose to enter undergraduate study programs at colleges and universities, making sure that they take advantage of the services available through the schools’ office of disability services. Still others take certificate programs that allow them to specialize in ways that facilitate their both working at a job and going to school part time. Look for a wide array of online resources related to transition options, including checklists and links to websites and organizations, at LD.org.
4
0

HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
You could also opt for online psychology degrees if you are still unsure. There are many sites on the web that offers this.

0
0
Anonymous