Anonymous
Q:

My 17year old son is having difficulties learning.  He attends a H.S. that is just awful what can I do to help him?  I've had problems with his educat

I've had to deal with uncaring teachers unruly children .and a child who just doesn't seem to care any more.  The teachers lie and there is no communication. they are truly clueless. I scared that he will get left down next year or graduate without a proper education. Help!
In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school, Teen issues

|

Houli

You sound very concerned and if I were in your shoes, I would immediately make an appointment with a guidance counselor or school administrator and share your concerns with one or more of these people. So many high school students really struggle because of learning difficulties so a parent MUST step forward and be the child's advocate.

Don't take "no' for an answer. If you still are not satisfied then go to the superintendent's office.

However, you need to be professional about this- calling people names and criticizing the school, etc., will likely put people on the defensive. In short, try to work things out as well as possible.

0
0

Anonymous