Anonymous
Q:

Does my 18month old have mild autism?

My daughter had a traumatic birth,in which i was advised by a health visitor to look into 'cranial massage' as she would scream/cry,even if she was being comforted. After this treatment she definitly improved but still remained unsettled.
She crawled and walked at the correct milestones and is now beginning to say a few words.
However she has never been affectionate,will either cry or have a tantrum if you do something for her, will want a particular story read to her repeatedly(e,g 20 times a day)or will generally repeat something over and over again. I just feel something isnt right!
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

I will assume that you live in the United States.  The reason is that there are Federal programs which help to provide resources, assessment and support for young children who may be at risk and their parents. You can learn more about early intervention programs through your local school district board office, your state department of education, local Head Start or even your library, perhaps!

These services should be free. Be sure to document your concerns so you have a log of what is "not right" and why.  

Best wishes,

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0