overwhelmed
overwhelmed asks:
Q:

How do I get my 1st grade son to stop stealing?

Friday when my husband picked our son up from school the teacher informed him that our son had just gotten a referral for stealing and eating 7 candy bars from the teachers desk. We took him home told him it was wrong and said no more snacks for a week. Saturday he stole some fruit gummy snacks from our kitchen, and today, Sunday, he was caught with a cut apple and a knife in his room, then a few hours later matches! we are very observant parents and have no clue how he got these things or how to stop this behavior. last school year he was stealing from his grandpa. Now its things that can hurt him. please help.

|

Allyn Anderson

Learning that your child is stealing can be a scary time for parents. But, there is help and information available to you. I've attached several websites that address this issue for you.

If after reading these, you feel they don't address your concerns or give you alternatives to try, then consider contacting a child psychologist for direct support.

Hope these sites help.
1
0