sarahjane2661
sarahjane2661 asks:
Q:

1st grader hates school

He has never had a problem he went to pre k and kind just fine no complaints,now this year he says he hates it.He hates sitting there and I dont know how to help him.He just recently started crying when we get to school saying his belly hurts and he wants to go home.He's not a crier by any means so this upsets me.How do I get him to understand he has to go and how do I help him.
In Topics: Back to school, Motivation and achievement at school

|

The demands of formal education when more emphasis is placed on academics and less on free play can be daunting for a child who is starting first grade.  Please seek out the School Counselor or Psychologist in the building who can help with transitions.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist
@LouiseASL

1
0

JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
I agree with the expert but I would also ask him what it is about school that he does not like. Yes the demands have increased but there is something else that bothers him and that is what you have to find out.

0
0