MegaMommy527
MegaMommy527 asks:
Q:

My 2 in a half year old is out of control, help?

My son is 2 in a half. Every day with him is such a struggle and i'm having a very hard time. Especially since i just had a baby almost 2 months ago. This started a little while before her so i'm not sure if its jealousy, or what it is. All i know is that i need help. He always ignores me when i speak to him, or when i ask him questions. No matter how many times i ask him to stop doing somthing bad he continuously does it anyways. He hits everybody, including his baby sister. He hurts our new kitten that we got for him, or anyone else's animals. He kicks all the time. He hardley eats any food, and the foods i can get him to eat its like a chore to get him to eat it. He also refuses to take a nap, even though hes tired. Hes really exausted and even harder to handle without sleep. I really don't know what to do. This all needs to stop, and no matter what i do it never changes. please help...!!!

|

Raising a toddler is difficult, especially when he exhibits behavioral problems.  The first thing to do is to schedule an appointment with his regular health care provider as soon as possible for an evaluation.  Is your child developing appropriately for his age?  Does he use imagination?  Does he like hugs and kisses?  Does he maintaing eye contact when you talk to him?  If not, there might be a concern of autistic spectrum disorder.  Is there any family history of mental health disorders, such as bipolar disorder?  Your child's health care provider will be able to evaluate your son and refer you on, if necessary, to get help.

1
0