Anonymous
Q:

my 2 yr old's father with whom ive been with for the last 6 years up to Oct.is engaged to someone i dont know and wants our son to spend time with him

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/pare...
My partner of 6 years and i broke up in October,2012 after i learned about him being involved with someone else. The whole break up was nasty. he is now living with his girfriend and they are engaged. he now wants me to allow my son to spend weeks at a time with him in his new home. please advise
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Blended families

|

ShirleyCressDudley

Blended families are a little more difficult that nuclear families. I understand your concern and love for your daughter, but it's out of your control what happens when your daughter is in her father's care. If there is a separation agreement or the two of you have agreed on a visitation schedule, then when she is in his care, you can't control who she spends time with.

If you have any concerns, talk to your ex. You can even propose meeting his new girlfriend, if you want. Remember, this is the person that will be helping to care for your child when she is with her Dad, so if you plan a meeting, you would like it to be friendly.

I wish you the very best.

Kindest Regards,

Shirley Cress Dudley, MA LPC NCC FACMPE
Founder of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center

0
0