cknight3211
cknight3211 asks:
Q:

i am a 28 y.old mother of 3 childeren...

i have 3 kids my oldest is 2 1/2 my second child is 1 1/2 an i have a 6 month old. my oldest is out of control like many parenting stargs. i have tried them all millions of times yet my oldest (a boy) still hits,bites,screams,will not sit when told will not mind at all,an my daughter is coming into her terrible twos also an she is fallowing in his foot steps. i spoke to the doctor they werent any help they tell me "its normal to to hit bite scream bang their heads disobey" yet no help on what to do about. i took it up on myself to go to the store an get calming medicine. it has help some but it isnt working anymore. i dont know what to do? help? they doctors wont help me.

|

We really think its great that you're reaching out for some help with your parenting issue. While parenting can be one of the most rewarding experiences in our lives, it is definitely a source of frustration from time to time...especially when one of our children is consistently misbehaving and not following rules. We can imagine how upsetting this can be for you, which is why we are so happy to see that you are showing such strong parenting sense by reaching out for some help and guidance.

Taking your children to the doctor was a great idea, as reaching out for help usually is. Doctors can be great sources of information about your children's biological states, but they are not highly trained in behavioral, emotional, and psychological principles. As such, it would be a really great idea to take your children to a child psychologist in your area. Getting some help on understanding their behaviors, what is normal/abnormal about their behaviors, and gaining some insight on ways to correct their behaviors would all be benefits of reaching out to a child psychologist.

Here is a helpful link for addressing problem behaviors: http://www.parenting.org/article/im-not-going-take-anymore

1-800-448-3000

0
0