krissy1
krissy1 asks:
Q:

Should my 2nd grade twins be in the same class?

should i keep them in the same classroom or seperate?

Their 1ST grade teacher said "keep them together until 4TH grade.
In Topics: Parenting multiples

|
barbrum
barbrum writes:
You know your children better than anyone else.  Do what you think is best for them.  Some seem to need the support of their sib, while others flourish apart with their own identity rather than "the twin".  I have seen professionals offer both choices for advice.  As the mom you know them better than anyone else and are the best suited to make that call.

0
0
mwetst
mwetst writes:
I have identical twin daughters (although you really can tell them apart)  starting first grade.  They have been separated through 2 years of preschool (headstart and special ed for speech deficits) and kindergarten and did fine.  Mom is a single parent.  We (Mom and I)are thinking we'd like to have them in the same classroom this year for many reasons - see how their relationship can become closer, same expectations/homework, etc. from teacher.  Any thoughts or research support to put them in the same class (the principal is very against it)?

0
0
MyTwinz00
MyTwinz00 writes:
My children were in kindergarten together, when they went to 1st grade they were separated.  Now I'm trying to get my son placed in my daughters class, because she has the "better" teacher.  But I'm concern, because my son is very protective when it come to his twin sister.  Will he focus to much on what's going on with her?

0
0
RJhinnu
RJhinnu writes:
Hello krissy1, I think that it is up to how you and how you feel about your twins being in the same class. For instance, do you think they will become overly dependent on each other by being in the same class or will they be able to make new friends and develop their own individual interests? You should also have a talk with your twins and ask how they feel about the situation and how they would feel about being placed in the same class or separate classes. I also included an article that includes advice on making the decision on placing twins in the same class or separately. I hope this helps! Good luck!

0
0