ccilia5767
ccilia5767 asks:
Q:

2nd grader bored in math

During the summer before my daughter started 2nd grade we did a lot of school work. We read books and she wrote little summaries or answered questions I made up for the book. (shorter books I asked for a summary and chapter books I made questions, because I figured a summary to a 150 page book would be to much to ask for). In math we did all the 2nd grade work I could find within the first half of vacation and I made up a test with all the subjects covered (she got a 93%, which was ok, and reinforced what she got wrong) after that we went to 3rd grade material, she had fun and picked up fast. Now in school she has to do adding and subtraction within 20. Would it screw with her if we continued the harder work at home, aside her homework.
Then spelling, she gets pages of spelling words that she has to sort into sound categories. I personally don't understand it, but so far the worst grade she got was a 96%, still an A but not her best. I don't do English, besides reading because it's not my place, since my English is bad due to me not being American. I just need some pointers into right direction.

I also have a 2 year old people look at me funny because she counts to 10, knows all her shapes ans colors, when coloring she stays inside lines and I am starting with her on her ABC, not the song she already does that.
Both kids have fun working on the stuff I give them.

Mostly concerned with the older one being bored in school.
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs

|