PRETTYEYES25
PRETTYEYES25 asks:
Q:

I have a 2yr old that doesnt listen.

Hi I need some advice. I have a 2yr old that does not listen to me. I talk to her nicely and nothing but when I yell at her she will yell back and scream at me and hit me. When she does wrong like biting, hitting I get after her and she will still hit me. She cries really badly like if they're doing something to her. What should I do? I am already beyond my nerves and sometimes I spank her because of her behavior.

|

Dealing with 2-year-olds can be challenging as they want to be independent and will try their limits.  Temper tantrums are NORMAL at this age and they arise in response to frustration that builds up because a child cannot express verbally what bothers her.  The best advise for those is to ignore them!  If you do, they should pass with time.  

Don't ignore unacceptable behaviors though.  They need to have consequences: at this age, time out.  Your child should spend in the time out 1 minute per age and the time out should not be in her room where she has all sorts of things to play with.

Temper tantrums should lessen over time and go away by age 4 years.  If they are still present then or if they escalate at any time, seek help of a pediatric therapist.

0
0