MommyLynn
MommyLynn asks:
Q:

Why is my 3 1/2 yr old boy peeing on floor in his room at nighttime?

He is not wearing pull ups anymore. Trying to get him to have bladder control now. Sometimes I wake him and make him go and other times he wakes up having already peed on himself and wants dry clothes. (plastic mattress cover purchased) On the mornings he is dry I praise him and now I am finding urine spots in the corner of his bedroom does he do this knowingly or accidentally or is he just being lazy?

He is fully potty trained which wasnt easy but he did it.  Now we have started to break him of pull ups at night time.  He is doing as well as can be expected.  If I wake up I make him go to potty and he doesnt want to but I make him.. other times he just pees in bed (have purchased the plastic mattress cover for mistakes). Some nights he comes and wakes me wet to change his clothes and the other times I praisehim for making it through the night without going.  This is when I noticed strong smell of urine in his room.  He is peeing in the floor on these so called "dry nights" help me.
In Topics: Potty Training, Bedwetting

|

Dear MommyLynn:

Day and night training are different and can be separated by years in boys. You have taken the precautions of a mattress cover and it is not unusual for him to want to be dry, but nocturnal enuresis can persist until puberty. Use pull ups at night if it makes life easier. He is not being lazy. he is likely showing the symptoms of some other male relative who wet at night as well.  Keep going with the day training and try at night but don't worry if it happens.

0
0

Anonymous