OliverFamily
OliverFamily asks:
Q:

My 3 year old daughter is out of control

I have never had trouble taking her to her room and sitting down with her and explaining why she is in trouble, what she did wrong, and what the right thing to do is. But recently everything has changed. I take her to her room and she screams and cries. I ask her to please calm down so we can talk, and she yells, kicks, and even hit me in my face once, she tells me to go away and that she is going to do what she wants to do. I will sit on her bed with her and talk to her in a calm voice but she just wont have it. I don't know what to do. I feel like she has no respect for me and is winning every time we go through this ordeal. I'm scared if I don't change something now that it will get worse. Please help.
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

A sudden behavioral change may indicate a hormonal imbalance.  Therefore, the first thing you should do is to schedule an appointment with your daughter's physician or nurse practitioner.  He or she will be able to rule out a medical problem for your daughter's behaviors and perhaps refer you to a pediatric therapist.

0
0