OliverFamily
OliverFamily asks:
Q:

My 3 year old daughter is out of control

I have never had trouble taking her to her room and sitting down with her and explaining why she is in trouble, what she did wrong, and what the right thing to do is. But recently everything has changed. I take her to her room and she screams and cries. I ask her to please calm down so we can talk, and she yells, kicks, and even hit me in my face once, she tells me to go away and that she is going to do what she wants to do. I will sit on her bed with her and talk to her in a calm voice but she just wont have it. I don't know what to do. I feel like she has no respect for me and is winning every time we go through this ordeal. I'm scared if I don't change something now that it will get worse. Please help.
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

A sudden behavioral change may indicate a hormonal imbalance.  Therefore, the first thing you should do is to schedule an appointment with your daughter's physician or nurse practitioner.  He or she will be able to rule out a medical problem for your daughter's behaviors and perhaps refer you to a pediatric therapist.

0
0

Sivasubramanyam1016
Sivasubrama... writes:
Never leave the child in isolated room. Parents/mother must sleep by the side of child. It is one of the ancestral practices which is erased due to modernization. Mother's touch gives security and confidence to child. Make it a practice, things will improve.

0
0
Tlbcdaycare
Tlbcdaycare writes:
Your child might be too tired. It's important for them to have structure. It might be that she is not resting enough during the day. Children can also resent other siblings and the attention being diverted to other things that we might be occupied with. If there are other siblings I would probably suggest to dedicate some time for her alone on a daily basis. Being a parent is by far the hardest job and the most rewarding. Children need us to have unconditional love for them. It's hard to communicate with someone that is already upset. I would suggest to hold her and kiss her and to assure her how much you love her first and then once she's calm, you can talk to her. Anyway I hope this helps :)

1
0
Angela_outnumbered
Angela_outn... writes:
i agree with "Tlbcdaycare". Your girl might be too tired, or maybe she might be missing some time with you ( are you busy lately and spending less time with her?), or she might just be going through a rough time. I would not go to the doctor for this..at least not yet. Give it some time (weeks), kids are still going through growth spurts at this age, and that is not easy for them to handle. If she hurs you just give her some space ( stay with her in the room) but tell her that you are also hurt now.

Not sure if this helps, but we do a small game with our kids when they go to bed.  This is what we do: http://www.outnumbered.be/toys-apps-games/kids-bedtime-game/

I hope this was helpful.

0
0