berrym
berrym asks:
Q:

My 3 year old will eat just about nothing.

when its time to eat my 3 year old will take 2 or 3 bites and then spit it back out in her plate. all she wants is her sippy cup with hot coco mix in it. i tried telling her that she cant have her sippy if she don't eat but then she screams until i surrender to her and give it to her. what do i do I'm worried because she is starting to loose weight and energy
In Topics: Physical Health, My picky eater

|

time to talk to your pediatrician or medical home.  You are the parent and you will win this battle. Take the sippy cup away-done! She is three and can drink from a regular cup. Have a graduation ceremony with photos and cake, but give it up.  Once that is done put out food on a plate when it is meal time.  Take it away after a certain time. If she is hungry, she will eat. Try to ascertain her hunger rhythms--they may not be the same as yours. Three year olds are famous for drinking too much so watch what else you are providing her. Sit down together when she eats to provide company. Don't let your three year old bully you because it never ends.  Best wishes and you will come out the better.

1
0

Anonymous