rodzki
rodzki asks:
Q:

what shall i do to my 3 year old foster kid who is so difficult to manage?

I am a month and a half to my employer. A new nanny and i am having a hard time taking a 3 year old child to sleep. He doesn't want to pee and eat with me. He is so difficult and wild when his parents are there. How can i make him closer to me even when his parents are present. He is used to his former nanny who is with him since birth. What shall i do? Please help me. It is taking my job at risk.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Physical Health, Parenting / Our Family

|

I would start by explaining to his parents about his behavior and how he misses his previous nanny.  Ask them to help him make the shift to you by encouraging his detachment and reattachment.  He may feel that if he is obnoxious that, the nanny will come back. It is up to the parents to explain that she will not be returning. It is not up to you. Don't be affraid to have expectations of him and ask the parents what they would like you to do when he misbehaves.  Set standards that you all agree on and follow through. perhaps a system of rewards would be helpful.

0
0
Anonymous