dobspot
dobspot asks:
Q:

My 3 year old is gifted.  Where do I go for testing?

How do I begin the process of getting what he legally should get?  

I may start homeschooling him at the Kindergarten level but at what point due I enter the school system?
In Topics: My gifted child

|
lofran
lofran , Teacher writes:
Thanks for submitting your question and being so attentive to your child's needs.

Here is a quote from the end of this article that discusses where to turn to test for giftedness.  

“To locate a qualified tester in your area, contact departments of psychology or professors of gifted child education at local colleges and universities. Word of mouth from other parents can be of help as is becoming affiliated with state and local organizations that focus on gifted children.”

It is from this article: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Selecting_Test_Admin/

I would also recommend asking your child's pediatrician for any referrals on qualified people in your area to test your toddler's giftedness.

Best regards,
Lori

1
0
syoave118
syoave118 writes:
I find it ironic that you are asking questions about your gifted child and at what point "due" you enter the school system...I would advise you "do" it as soon as possible.

0
0