powernapraynwife
powernapray... asks:
Q:

How do I get my 3 year old to listen at daycare? Stop hitting, kicking, falling out, not listening to his teachers?

First and foremost thank you for assisting me. We are an active duty military family of 22 years. We have an 18 year old son, 15 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. We recently move to Georgia about a year ago. My husband is the active duty member. He is stationed in North Carolina so this is where he will reside for the next 2 1/2 years. He is currently on his 10th deployment overseas. Our situation is not uncommon however my 3 year old has started to act out these past 6 months. He is throwing toys, hitting, screaming, and not listening to his teachers. My son has been at this daycare since August of 2011. I never experienced the daycare calling me in regard to my children until now. My son however listens to me and my husband, do not get me wrong we do have our ups and downs as with most parents but here lately his behavior has become what the daycare expresses as "intolerable". I have put my son in his room-sat him on his bed-put him in the corner-have sat down and reiterated time and time again good and bad behavior. Almost every day for the past 6 months I have picked him up from daycare-I am getting some kind of bad report. I will talk to him and he will understand that what he is doing is not acceptable behavior but the next day it will be something different from the day before. I do not know what else I may do at this point without just shutting everything off to him. Please help! Thank you!

|

ramoiss
ramoiss writes:
I also have a three year old with my boyfriend who is also station in NC and is now on deployment. I tried to go back to work after his birth, but he has been acting out towards any discipline his daycare providers uses towards his behavior. My boyfriend stated that his other children never had a problem with childcare. So I decided to take him out of daycare and I found a childcare provider that he fell in love with. So far so good. Some children just feel more comfortable around their own item, toys, and home.

0
1