Trob2009
Trob2009 asks:
Q:

What to do my 3 year old shows signs of being a pervert?

My 3 year old downloads porn on the tv. I blocked it, he uses cell phones to download sexual games and apps. He started sniffing dirty under clothes and humping stuff animals. His private area is natural up and gets like that with even watching cartoons. He keeps his hands in his pants and I don't have a boyfriend and don't do anything sexual around him. I'm afraid they will take my son if I take him to the doctor. What do I do and he also loves showing his private areas to any girl or grown woman I've taken everything from him. Still hasn't stopped, only getting worse.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Parenting / Our Family

|

Don't worry about the doctor, worry about your son.  He needs to be evaluated by a pediatrician, or child mental health expert.  You have provided him with limits on tv and phone but this behavior is often a manifestation of a child who may have been sexually abused.  Children at three years old do not show interest in pornography and should not be "familiar" with sexual behavior.  It is normal for three year old boys to be fascinated by an erect penis and to have no social inhibition to show it to some one--not just the opposite sex. You have expressed legitimate concern as his mother and I applaud you for doing it.  Call his doctor, clinic, or clergy and find where he can be evaluated.  Most all hospitals with pediatric departments have a nurse or doctor skilled in evaluating children who display sexually inappropriate for age behavior.

Best wishes and do it now.

1
0