Chunksmama
Chunksmama asks:
Q:

My 3 year old son is constantly not listening, my patience is thinning and I dont know what to do anymore!

He is an only child. His father and I are divorced when he was like 5 months so he hasn't really grown up with us together. He is very mean! Kicks, hits the dog out of the blue. He does things he KNOWS he's not supposed to, right in front of me like he just doesn't care! I have been a stay at home mom since he was born. He does get to play with kids his age. He will throw things at me, the dog, the wall. I have tried spanking, time out, I have even taken everything out of his room besides his bed and dresser a couple of times and he still acts out. I am so stressed on WHY he acts out so badly. He is very mean, he can be sweet when HE wants to be but it usually ends with him being mean. I am at my wits end on what to do for him...stressed out, worried about getting a job and him going to daycare just to get kicked out. I have been thinking about taking him to see someone, talk to someone. Not a huge fan of making children take meds but if it's my only chance at a normal 3 year old then I might have to put that aside.

|

The first thing to do, would be to talk to your child's regular health care provider.  They might decide to do a blood test to rule out a hormonal imbalance and/or refer you on to see a specialist.

0
0