Kayla.waylon.bentley
Kayla.waylo... asks:
Q:

My 3 year old son does not listen to me or anybody else. What do I do?

He gets into everything, and when I tell him to put it down or leave it alone he starts crying or whining. He is a big whiner. I dont know what to do. I have tried time out, taking things away from him and it sometimes works and sometimes don't. When we go out in public he acts crazy. Throws fits when he doesnt get his way, it like I don't want to take him anywhere, its so imbarassing. Please help me...

|

Have you discussed your son's behaviors with his nurse practitioner or pediatrician?  A 3-year-old should be able to follow directions, and be able to be manageable for most of the time.  If you cannot control him, it is the time to talk with his regular health care provider who can start the evaluation and point you in the right direction.

0
0

hannahjo
hannahjo writes:
I can very well understand the situation. It is because of his age that he acts very cranky all the time. Once he starts going to school, he will be alright. So relax for the moment and make him understand patiently that this is not the right way to behave.

0
0
realRach
realRach , Parent writes:
When all else fails I tend to use the ignore the "nonsense" and praise the "good behaviour". Children at this age tend to take you for a ride to test your boundaries. If his playing up/having a tantrum simply ignore him and when he stops show him some attention, this way he will start to recognise that bad behaviour doesn't result in getting mum's attention. Good Luck!!

0
0