stesha
stesha asks:
Q:

my 3 and half year old has speech delay, i joined him at school and he comes back with bite marks or scratches inside his ears..

my son is the only child at home, had not got much exposure to other kids and also has speech delay for which we have been taking him for therapy, the therapist says he has pragmatic speech difficulty, and we were suggested to go ahead and join him at school because that would give him more exposure and perhaps improve his language. but two months into his school life, his vocabulary i must say improved but mostly imitative talk such as repetition of instructions given at school, and my main concern is he has come back on few occasions with bite marks on his hand and some times with scratches behind and inside his ears and his cheeks. Talking with the teacher gave us no clue as to what might have happened. and my son doesn't have the capacity to explain. what should we do?
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|