vira
vira asks:
Q:

How can I help my 3 year old to make him interested in writing?

Hi. My son is 3 years 1 month old. He is in nursery-India. Within a two month span his school started with introduction of standing line, sleeping lines, Letter L,H, T, F, I etc with crayons. He doesn't hold crayons properly so cannot write properly. Even if he has to trace dotted lines he is not doing it. I have observed that many other children of his age in his class are doing well. I feel very bad about this. I even scolded him once and was angry of him, telling him he is not doing well and doing very very badly. I know I was very wrong on my part. Is my son a slow learner? Now if I ask him to write now he shows his unwillingness to write. How can I improve the situation now? How will he enjoy and start writing? Please guide me. Otherwise, my child is intelligent and can pick up knowledge very well. He even speaks 1 to 20 rightly and 1-100 with some mistakes. I always taught him by fun way method but due to school's fast approach, I was really tensed. Please help, is his school too fast?
In Topics: Helping my child with writing

|