jannasimon
jannasimon asks:
Q:

how can i get my 3 year old to talk at school? he keeps his mouth close all day long

I have a 3 year old son and he's crying on each drop off and it's getting worse. Should i force him to go to preschool? The thing is he doesn't talk there. Nothing, just sits and mute. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing. I'm so scared that I'm hurting him or if that will affect his speech. Please help me with how I can let him talk at school.
In Topics: Preschool, Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

How is your son's speech at home?  At his age, he should speak in sentences and strangers should be able to understand most of what he says.  If that is not the case, it's time to talk to your son's doctor.  

If your son refuses to talk in school, ask him what's going on at school.  Does he like it or not?  Why?  How are the kids? Is the teacher nice?  Why or why not?
Also, talk to the teacher.  His/her observations might be helpful in finding out why your son refuses to talk in school.
0
0
Anonymous