nshell01
nshell01 asks:
Q:

Is my 3 yr old daughter advanced in her fine motor skill development?

My 3 year old daughter (soon to be 4) writes in her Hannah Montana notebook quite frequently. The other night she drew a perfect rectangle/box, lines met perfectly and were perfectly straight, with a circle in the middle and she said "this is the T.V." Then the next day at day care she was showing me pictures her and her classmates colored that were hanging on the wall and her picture was the only one with the coloring completely within the lines, the others were just "artful scribbling." Does this mean that my daughter is advanced in her fine motor development?
In Topics: Physical development, My child's growth and development

|
ashita21
ashita21 , Student writes:
I would say that your daughter has had a lot of opportunity to work on her fine motor skills, specially if you see this much of a difference between her work and that of other kids her age. It is definately a good thing and I think its best to allow her to explore more in the area without pressure.
Out of curiosity can I ask.. When you say your daughter writes frequently, what exactly do you mean?

1
0
lynellen
lynellen writes:
Good books to check for developmental milestones are Your Three Year Old, Your Four Year Old, etc. by Ames and Ilg.  The books look at development in all areas of a child's life but especially the fine motor aspects and pre academic areas.  They can be purchased at your local books store or on Amazon.com

0
0
LiveandLearn
LiveandLearn writes:
nshello01
It sounds as if you daughter really enjoys attending to fine motor tasks!  That is fantastic!  At this stage of development, fine motor skills are still measured in a big range!  It definitely sounds as if your daughter has very nicely developed skills!  At this age, using a variety of materials for writing, copying simple shapes circle, x, cross, etc. is considered "typical development".  It's such a benefit when your child enjoys these activities!!  Enjoy her and keep it fun!!
LiveandLearn

0
0