RJOHNSONR
RJOHNSONR asks:
Q:

My 3 yr old daughter is out of control.

Nothing we do is working.  She gets excellent behavior marks at school and is very well  behaved for other people.  It is only for me, and sometimes her step-dad, that she is wild.  She doesn't listen, throws tamtrums, yells and when she is at her worst she absolutely shuts down mentally.  Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  I am losing my patience and my mind.  
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Motherhood, Blended families

|

ShirleyCressDudley

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your daughter. Since she gets good behavior marks at school, the problem really isn't with your daughter- it's what you are allowing her behavior to be at home.

Blended families are tough, and sometimes as parents, we believe our kids have been through so much that we think they deserve a break in the discipline. This is not accurate and not best for your child.

Boundaries and discipline show love for your child.  Your daughter is running the house right now, and as a 3 year old, I'm sure she isn't doing a very good job.
Read some of the resources listed below and get control back of your home.

It's going to be tough at first, but you can do it.

I hope that helps.

Kindest Regards,

Shirley Cress Dudley
Founder and Executive Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center.
Author of the book, Blended Family Advice
0
0

Anonymous