beatles9
beatles9 asks:
Q:

My 3 yr old son is always angry.

he will moan about every little thing he can he slaps pinches bites punches his older brother so much so that on loads of occacsions he has made him bleed, my eldest will be asleep and he will get up and start shouting at him amd biting him for no reason he is the same with everyone he always tells you to shut up and go away when he was 1 he would always be smiling and happy i want that back, i cant even take him any were he wont eat his dinners its breaking our family up and my eldest is becoming very down about it because it is every single day please help

|

I am sorry to hear about your son's behaviors and their negative impact on your family.  I am not sure what has caused your child to change from a sweet one-year-old to a biting and pinching 3-year-old.  Have you talked about this behavioral change with your son's regular health care provider?  Sometimes, hormonal imbalances, such as hypo- or hyperthyroidism, may cause behavioral issues in children. On another note, is there family history of mental health problems?  If so, perhaps seeing a therapist would shed light on your son's behaviors.

I think that the first step to take would be to talk with your child's regular health care provider as he or she can help you in your child's evaluation and connect you with the community's resources.

0
0

himatrivedi
himatrivedi writes:
So what can i do????????

1
1
himatrivedi
himatrivedi writes:
nice que

0
0
Huda
Huda writes:
hi, i am a mother of 3 years old son. i am not an expert but i can see that your son is frustrated of something and is expressing his stress in biting and shouting. the proof is that he used to be happy and now his behavior has changed. Try to find root cause of his stress (jealousy, poor attention, change of house, nursery or any lifestyle change..) and solve it and give him at the same time a lot of attention and love and support. Do not shout at him or punish him but be patient till he gets out of it.

1
0
TheGoToMom
TheGoToMom , Parent writes:
I very much relate to you. My preschooler was once a really happy little baby and as he got to be 3 and now 4 he is angry, impulsive and intrusive with his big brother. It's so frustrating isn't it? Most children benefit from knowing 'what is okay' and what is 'not okay.' Let him know you understand he wants his brother to play with him, but he MUST use his words or come get you to help him. Let him know he may never use his hands.... It's not uncommon for the youngest children to do anything they can to communicate that they need attention. They may bite, hit, and become so overbearing. Any attention to them is better than no attention. However, this type of behavior, must be observed carefully. If you feel he is effecting your family life and his social world/interactions, you need to seek professional help. There may be a larger problem at hand.  When our son turned four we could no longer tolerate his anger outbursts and lashing out on others, and once we got help from another professional (besides myself) it made the world of difference.  You may also find my book helpful in dealing w/your son and teaching him how to appropriately expressive himself. It's called, "The Go-To Mom's Parents' Guide to Emotion Coaching Young Children."

0
0
jimnaval
jimnaval writes:
how is the parents behavior in front of him.  call the nanny from tv also he needs lots of discipline from the adults and there is none

1
0