beatles9
beatles9 asks:
Q:

My 3 yr old son is always angry.

he will moan about every little thing he can he slaps pinches bites punches his older brother so much so that on loads of occacsions he has made him bleed, my eldest will be asleep and he will get up and start shouting at him amd biting him for no reason he is the same with everyone he always tells you to shut up and go away when he was 1 he would always be smiling and happy i want that back, i cant even take him any were he wont eat his dinners its breaking our family up and my eldest is becoming very down about it because it is every single day please help

|

I am sorry to hear about your son's behaviors and their negative impact on your family.  I am not sure what has caused your child to change from a sweet one-year-old to a biting and pinching 3-year-old.  Have you talked about this behavioral change with your son's regular health care provider?  Sometimes, hormonal imbalances, such as hypo- or hyperthyroidism, may cause behavioral issues in children. On another note, is there family history of mental health problems?  If so, perhaps seeing a therapist would shed light on your son's behaviors.

I think that the first step to take would be to talk with your child's regular health care provider as he or she can help you in your child's evaluation and connect you with the community's resources.

0
0