tabitha39
tabitha39 asks:
Q:

my 3 yr old son has gotten so bad in the last yr he hits me wont listen to me  how can i disipline him to where he will listen help me!!!!!

In Topics: Anxiety, Depression, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Dear Tabitha,

Thank you for reaching out and contacting Education.com! Being a parent can be wonderful as well as a challenging and difficult at times. We will do our best to help and guide you in the right direction.

Preschool age children are not yet able to talk about how they are feeling so they act out. One of the most important things you can do for your child is to teach him to calm down and get in control of his emotions. This does not happen overnight and it is not something you can just tell a child to do. It takes lots of time by role modeling and giving the child positive reinforcement as well as consequences he can understand.

Common Sense Parenting was developed by Boys Town and is a very effective tool for disciplining preschool children. You can find out more information on our website: www.parenting.org  There are books and DVD as well as Common Sense Parenting classes which can give you more confidence. You can also call our toll-free Hotline and speak with a counselor who will help you immediately. The counselor may also be able to find parenting classes and other resources in your local area.

We are here to help parents and children of all ages. We would like to talk with you in more detail so we can give you the best advice possible. Please reach out again, hope to hear from you soon!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org
0
0

Anonymous