mikmit asks:

30 year old aspie comes to live with Dad

About 3 months ago, my 30 year old son with Aspergers split up with his girlfriend and came back to live with me.  I am overwhelmed by his needs.  He has no resources to help him or me with his issues.  We live in Boulder Colorado and I desperately need to find resources to help as don't think I'm capable of dealing with him and I'd hate to see him on the street.  He is very smart and a handsome young man.  He is discouraged with employers and the problems he's had in his jobs.  Right now he is unemployed and not really looking.  Help!!!
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Aug 19, 2008
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

You have an excellent childrens hospital in Denver which through their pediatric department can guide you to adult resources for adult patients with developmental disorders.

Call their community outreach department and ask for resources in your community.  Also ask you local mental health agency for the same resources for adults.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed by both candidates for the presidency. It is the future of social services as this population of young men and women enter adult lives without the support of most services to enable independent living.

Wayne Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely