Negandhi01
Negandhi01 asks:
Q:

My 3.5yr old son has picked up on bad words..pls help!!

First of..I have fallen a victim of my husband's infidelity 2 yrs ago It was too late by then 'coz we had a son together! Obviously i was not aware of his affair at that time. Since the time i have found out, me and my son are going through a lot of emotional turmoil. my husband starts abusing me in front of him whenever we get into an argument..which i try to avoid. i have told my husband not to use such foul language in front of our son so many times since, he'll pick up on all those words. I come from a very nice well educated and cultured family and this is not something i want for my son to learn. my husband has no control over his anger and is so manipulative and no matter what he puts all the blame on me. our son is 3.5 yrs old now and has started saying all those bad words frequently that he learnt from his dad..the thing that i was most worried about has happened. i don't want to get mad at my son as its not his fault. he is growing kid and is gonna learn what he sees in the house. i am very protective about him and i wish the best for him in his life..HOW SHOULD I TELL MY HUSBAND TO STOP USING SUCH FOUL LANGUAGE IN FRONT OF HIM AND FOR THAT MATTER IN FRONT OF ANYONE ELSE???? PLS HELP!
Member Added on Feb 27, 2012
I am a stay at home mom and theres no one from my side of the family here to help out! :( my parents live half way across the world in India who are also worried about this situation. And i dont get along with my in-lws and obviously they are supporting my husband in all his wrong doings! my son goes to a pre-school for extended day program. i requested my husband to lemme go to India for couple of months for a break but he is just refusing..he doesn't understand that both me and my son need a break and he needs to come out of this negative environment. MY husband has already filed for divorce and i am not sure whats the status of it because i dont want divorce. i am willing to forgive and forget. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I am also looking for a job..
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks), Child care

|

Soundslike you are in a tough situation...  If talking to your husband has not heped the situation, perhaps going into family counseling would help.

0
0

Anonymous