Anonymous
Q:

It's the end of the 3rd wk of 2nd grade for my daughter and the teacher says she's falling below the 2nd grade reading level. What is the expectation?

The teacher says she's assessed my daughter's reading level 3 times (it's only week 3 mind you) and that she's identified her as "reading below the 2nd grade reading level." I have many questions for her teacher about the assessments that have been conducted this early in the year, but I want to go in armed with information regarding appropriate reading expectations and assessment for a 2nd grader at the 2.0 or 2.1 level. From working with my daugher last year and her quarterly reports I know that she reads fluently at 100-120 wpm, ended the year with a 94% comprehension grade, and, with prompting, she decodes new words with little assistance. Any information and/or resources would be greatly appreciated!!!
In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|