Laxman1248
Laxman1248 asks:
Q:

I have a 3y/old son with  speech delay, some behavioral issues, he loves pre-scool and is making great progress, is full-time school too much?

I have a 3y/old son with a speech delay, some socialization/behavioral issues, Speech therapist has recently recommended eval. for pt/ot (poor overall muscle tone) and eval. for behavior. Initial eval. put him borderline for PDD/ODD and possibly mild Autism/Aspergers. He loves pre-scool and is making great progress, his teachers and therapist recommended full-time school to help with speech and interaction with peers. Is there an appropriate amount of time for a three year old to be in school? I mean Mon-Fri, 7:30am-5:30pm.
In Topics: Preschool, Special needs

|

Vwindman

Not only am I a teacher but I also had a son with a speech delay and other learning issues.  The best gift I gave him was early intervention.  He went to school from 8:00-3:00.  He received all of his services at his school in addition to learning appropriate social interaction.  The hours you are stating do seem a bit long.  Does this time include a nap or rest time?  Today my son is 20 years old in college and able to cope with his disability.  He learned to advocate for himself and was taught compensatory techniques to assist him with his disability.

0
0
Anonymous