Parent34
Parent34 asks:
Q:

My 4 1/2 yo son places pillows on his younger brothers face while he is sleeping.  

My 4 1/2 year old sometimes places pillows on his younger brothers face while the younger is sleeping.  Other behaviors include taking toys away from his younger, sitting on him, pushing him, etc.  

My son is unpressed with time outs, taking toys away, treats etc.  short of giving him a good old fashion spanking, I am reaching out for other alternatives.  

Thanks for your suggestions.  

|

Perhaps your 4-year-old is jealous of his sibling and being mean is his way of expressing his feelings...  Try to find out why he does what he does: talk to him!
Maybe he feels that you spend more time with the other child and he feels that his brother took all your love and attention.  Spend more time with him sithout his brother around and see what happens.  If his behaviors continue, especially trying to suffocate his brother with a pillow, you should consider taking with a pediatric therapist.

0
0