Liii
Liii asks:
Q:

Why is my 4 year old daughter misbehaving so much?

I am 34 weeks pregnant and my 4 year old daughter is so naughty lately. She doesn't listen to anything. She destroys things. Yells and hits.
In Topics: Children and stress, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

We are not sure why your daugther is behaving this way, but with how far along you are in your pregnancy we hope that you can bring in some reinforcements to help with parenting her right now.  Family, neighbors, church members, anybody who can even give you a break every once in awhile could be very helpful right now.  Also consider going to the following website...

www.211.org

And type in your city.  That will then pull up a phone number you can call (usually simply 2-1-1) which is a referral line for your local area.  Ask them if they have any information on parent support groups.  These groups are very helpful and can provide you with skills, resources, and tips for how to manage you child when she misbehaves and you may be able to meet and work with other parents who are struggling as well.  It's worth a shot!

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.parenting.org
1-800-448-3000

0
0

jing_chef
jing_chef writes:
There are many reasons to a child "acting up" at a certain age and due to certain changes. At the ages 4-5 children tend to do many things they normally wouldn't do, not intentionally trying to drive the parent(s) crazy but more to see what the limits are within the household, school, among peers. One way to correct the bad behavior is to set rules, if there are rules make sure to be play by them at all times. Being pregnant takes a big toll on trying to discipline, but if your daughter notices that "rules can be broken" for particular reasons, she will catch on very quick and do certain things when she's aware you may be too tired or too preoccupied to discipline.

If you have friends or family that can help you accompany her for even 30-60 minutes, it will help relieve your stress and also keep her busy for a while. When the energy and curiosity is released from a child, they will tend to listen or direction easier.

0
0
koppmjzi4
koppmjzi4 writes:
I have a 4 year old son and he is doing the same thing. I am not sure if he just doesn't know how to express his feelings and anger.  With my daughter we got her to calm down by telling her to breath in and then breath out so that calmed her down and then we talked about what was making her mad at the time. My son doesn't want anything to do with what i say. Yesterday I took all of his toys out of his room and he can not have them back until he learns to control his anger.  I wish you all the luck but again, you are not alone in this situation.  See if she needs to work on expressing her feelings or her anger.  My son will get mad and start hitting everyone and calling his sister names when she didn't do anything to him because this is the way he lets people know that he is mad.  Try different techniques and see what works for your daughter.  I am hoping this is just a phase in life

0
0