Sharaleena asks:

Looking for help for my 4 year old grandson's speech

I'm looking for free online speech/enunciation help for my just turned 4 yr old grandson. His older sister has started kindergarten and she was our translator. Now we often cannot understand him. I'm looking for a fun way to help him with his enunciation.
In Topics: Preschool, Speech and language issues

If the child is 4 years old and speaks English as his first language (and you also speak English as your first language, and are having trouble understanding him), we would definitely recommend an evaluation with a licensed speech-language pathologist as soon as possible.  

When an older sibling “translates for” a younger child, this may contribute to the younger child having a delay in his or her articulation and language development.  Check with your granddaughter’s school’s speech-language pathologist as schools often provide free speech therapy for children ages 3-21, based on your state’s guidelines.