feliciaky
feliciaky asks:
Q:

My 4 year old insists on sleeping in bed with me, instead of his own bed in his own bedroom. What should I do?

what should i do to make him understand he needs to sleep in his own room?
In Topics: Sleep and rest

|

Start by reading Dr. Ferber's book on sleep issues.  Establish a routine, be firm and committed and include your partner to be on the same page. Put him to bed tired, in his room and with one pass. The pass allows a drink of water, bathroom or mom or dad to come in.  Be around--fold laundry, read the paper and be within earshot. If that isn't working, start by sitting by his bed and gradually move the chair closer to the room door then outside.  you get the drill.  it is a process but never go backwards. You are in charge. If he shows up in your bed, take him out and remind him he cannot sleep there. Keep doing it until it works. It usually does with time.
Good luck.

1
0