Anonymous
Q:

I have a 4 year old that just refuses to use the potty. What do I do?

In Topics: Potty Training

|
dathurman
dathurman writes:
i had the same problem with my daughter you can try setting he or she on the potty and pour a glass of water on the lower back so it will run on there bottom or do what i had to do witch alot of people thanks it is mean but when you run out of things to try my mom told me to make her wear the panties that she used for about 30 Min's to 1 hour just remember to wash her good after you change her and tell her she smells like pee or poop then tell them if they want to be a big kid like mommy or daddy then they need to start using the big kids potty  i hope this helps you because as i said i know what you are going though

0
0
Dr.Monika , Child Professional writes:
Forget the potty business for a few days and relax.  Toilet training should not be a power struggle!  Give yourself and your daughter a break, and then schedule regular potty breaks during the day.  

Consider, that the digestive system is mostly active after meals, so make sure that some of the potty breaks are scheduled then.  If your daughter goes into the potty, reward her, for example, with a sticker that she can place on a calendar.  You can tell her that if she collects so many stickers in a row, there will be bigger prize for her in store (you and her should decide what that prize would be).  Tackle potty training in a positive way by implementing positive reinforcement (praises and prizes).  However, if you are still unsuccessful, or if your daughter exhibits developmental delays, talk with her regular health care provider.

Bets regards.

2
0
lynellen
lynellen writes:
Is she afraid of falling into the toilet?  Is she afraid of the noise when the toilet flushes?  Will she go to the bathroom if she uses a smaller toilet whose seat fits her and her feet can touch the floor?  Just some thoughts.......

0
0