dianep1606
dianep1606 asks:
Q:

My 4 year old son is really aggressive and doesn't listen what can i do?

hi I'm really frustrated with this situation my 4 year old son is to aggressive and he doesn't listen to me or his dad, it got even worst now that we have a puppy at home, he plays with her but when ever he doesn't get it his way he gets really aggressive and starts hitting, kicking and he just hurts her. I don't know what to do, we tried time out, yelling and spanking but nothing seem to work please help me i don't know what to do!!!
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Parenting / Our Family, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Dear Diane:

Take a breath and re-group a bit with his dad.  Four year olds feel the world revolves around them--read selfish in adult terms.  It is normal for them to act that way when they don't get their way.  Some are aggressive and some just whine.  Start by having a response that is firm, regular, and the same each time such as time out. do the reverse also, reward him for good behavior.  If this approach does not work for him, speak to your pediatrician and ask for a guidance counselor that works with their office on behavior issues.

Good luck.

1
0

wendyyamilette
wendyyamile... writes:
i think maybe some kids yoga might be soothing

1
1
Anonymous