JennBeisel
JennBeisel , Parent asks:
Q:

Does my 4 year old son really have a problem?

My four year old son goes to daycare/preschool 5 days a week. His teachers are always telling me that he can not sit for an extended period of time, and he has problems with paying attention, sometimes listening, ect. Is this a normal 4 year old behavior? The school is always at me to get him "screened" for this and that, and I just do not feel it is approp. Am I wrong?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), ADHD & attention issues, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Dear Jenn:

Yes, this behavior is normal.  Much depends on how the rest of his mates behave and if there is anything "different" about his fidgets. Most ADD or ADHD behavior is clear before the age of 7. I would ask your pediatrician to go over with you the signs of such behavior to see if there is an issue worth evaluating.  

3
0
hummingbird26

Best Answer!

No its not wrong for you to feel this way. Who wants to dope there kid up with drugs they may not need.But when I was 6 years old a Dr. told my grandma I was ADHD but my mother wouldn't get my any help or try the med. I had a hard time all though school I couldn't pay attention to my work or my teachers the hardest was reading I could read fine but could never remember what I had just read in high school I dropped out and it was 6 year before I finally pasted my GED and I have seen alot of studys where children with ADHA had the right help and did great in school and the ones that did have ADHD didn't get help had poorer grades it is a serious decision but it couldn't hurt to ask your Dr. and maybe he is just bored at daycare your the mother you know whats best for your child

3
0

Anonymous