elizabethchaw
elizabethchaw asks:
Q:

What is normal alphabet and numeric recognition for a 4 years old child?

My son is turning age of 4 next month. He is active while playing games ie. bowling, puzzles, legos, music instrument and etc. Only 2 months back he started drawing almost the same picture drawn ie. 5 different design, colouring only upon parent guide, he attracts alot with pictures in the books. My son only recognized 8 alphabet, and 1 numeric word. He is talkative.
My question is, does my child under the category slow in term of alphabet and numeric numbers recognition?
Also what are the best method for advance learning tools in order my child can absord more words?

In Topics: Preschool, Learning styles and differences, My child's growth and development

|

Four year olds vary in their alphabet strengths.  If more than one language is used at home or school, it can take longer.  Most four year olds are sometimes able to do their first name, but many I see for kindergarten examinations still can't do it.  How to improve, it's all about practice. Have patience and keep reading to him.  It should come.

0
0

Anonymous