Anonymous
Q:

Is it appropriate that my 4th grade, 9 year old is being required to read Diary of Anne Frank?

In Topics: School and Academics, Recommended Books, Worldwide education issues, Helping my child with social studies / history

|

Allyn Anderson

As I understand your question, it appears that you are concerned about your 9 year old reading the Diary of Anne Frank. Although on the surface, this book might appear to be an "advanced" topic for your child unless your child is mature for his/her age. Some "young adult" books are rewritten at a more juvenile level with a "softer" approach to a topic. Could this be true of this particular book? If not, give your child's teacher a friendly call to learn the purpose for this choice. If you still aren't comfortable with your child reading this book, simply ask the teacher for another choice for your child.

2
0

Anonymous