selma dunn
selma dunn asks:
Q:

how is it that a 4th grade student can get an overall B grade in reading yet receives an F in comprehension?

my grandson is a student at forestville elementary i have worked with him every weekend his father has visitation ,we realized he was having a problem the teacher dismissed our concerns and decreased communication with his father.  My grandson slid in all subjects and his fathers only communication from school was 5-wk. reports that he had to ask for each marking period and that his son was not paying attention in class.  He offered a solution that has been used consistently since kindergarten(with the exception of 2Nd grade in that case my grandson failed the grade) and was once again ignored by the teacher.  I was questioning the grades from his final marking period and can't comprehend myself how these were established, what good does it do for a child to read and not comprehend?  How can he not have failing difficulty with all other subjects?  Mainly I'm made to feel like I'm picking on the teacher and my grandson every time I question or comment.
In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|