Zachlynnmama
Zachlynnmama asks:
Q:

How to make a 4 year old boy to have breakfast before school?

Hi to all moms who reads my Q :) I am a Full time mom of a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old+ girl. Yes, as a full-time mom, I do home schooling to my kids. My 4 year old just started school, a month ago, and he excelled in his class, as he can read a P1 book already. My drawback is that, I didn't really put much effort in his writing skills. But the question is, my boy doesn't want to eat his breakfast before school, so with an empty stomach, he goes. It really breaks my heart! Only during the weekends, he will want to finish up his morning milk, i.e a 240cc fresh milk and any sorts of breakfast available at the table. From Monday to Friday, all things are NO to him.

I have tried talking to him all sorts, "Do you want to be smart and tall? Do you want to help your Daddy at the office?", all negative responses from him.

I even fed him B12 vitamins to stimulate his appetite. Yes, it does gave him bigger appetite than before and he will only eat and fill himself after school, and that's when he comes home. I can see that he is very hungry. It even breaks my heart heavier. Yes, my fault to shed my tears in front of him, "Why can't you just make me happy and eat your breakfast? It's for your own goodness, not mine. I love you very much and have given my entire life for you and all I ask from you is to have your breakfast and just a NO from you?", yes, he shed his tears too, but still, a no to fill his empty tummy. Please advice what I should do. I am breaking down already. Thanks.
In Topics: My picky eater, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  However, it should not be the reson for a battle between a parent and a child.  The good thing is that it also does not need to be elaborate!  Try to start a habit of everybody preparing their breakfast the night before.  Some ideas: a banana or cheese stick on the run, a granola bar, or celery sticks filled with peanut butter or cream cheese.  A litte something is better than nothing!

Make sure that your son gets regular meals and nutritious snacks in between to assure adequate nutrition and prevent hunger.

0
0

Anonymous