melanie32
melanie32 , Parent asks:
Q:

How do I keep my 4yr old motivated without stressing her out.

My daughter is 4 and she gets really frustrated when learning a new skill, whether its just a game or learning to write. How do I help her to keep motivated.
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|

mukeshj
mukeshj writes:
I have a four year old girl too and the key here is to keep it fun for your child whether you are teaching her a game or learning to write or reading. Whatever activity you are doing with you daughter, you will have to bring it down to her level and make it fun. Not sure what kind of game you are trying to teach her but make sure to pick age appropriate game and apart from yourself playing with her also try to get her friends involved in the game.

A good reward will also go a long way in keeping her motivated. Try to avoid using food as a reward. Use something fun but physical as an incentive, such as a trip to the park or bowling alley if she finishes her assigned activities.

0
0