Anonymous
Q:

I have a 5 year old brother in kindergarten and I am trying to teach him how to do the Alphabet and number's, but he doesn't get it, what do I do?

In Topics: School and Academics, Learning styles and differences, Helping my child with writing

|

It is to be commended that you wish to work with your brother to help him get a great start to his academic learning.  Consider making literacy and math fun by using games to help him learn these fundamentals.

Board games that use basic counting, such as Candyland or words matching can be fun and beneficial. Also, art projects can help a child who may have difficulty with concepts grasp them through hands on fun!

Good luck!!

Louise Sattler, NCSP

1
0

kathyaze
kathyaze , Parent writes:
Did you try Pre-school prep videos. My son learned the ABC and numbers watching this videos at age 2 1/2. I recommended to everybody, at age 3.6 years old after watching sight words videos he started to be more interesting in reading, now he is 4.6 and he is reading.

0
0
mamashan
mamashan writes:
I am just another parent who is in a similar situation maybe his memory is not so good? That is what is going on with my son so memory games have been helpful. There are tons of sites or you can start with a simple game of concentration at home with a deck of cards.

0
0
Anonymous