Ayana Rich
Ayana Rich asks:
Q:

5 year old DAYDREAMER

My son is an intelligent, helpful, giving, insightful little boy.  He loves to help out when ever he can, he can get along with babies as well as older adults. He has a beautiful out going personality and learns QUICK!  

Straight out of daycare, he recently started a new school.  He will be going to Kindergarten in the fall (2012) but the school wants all new students to do a month of summer school to get acquainted and catch up on what's needed for the fall.  My son knows his numbers, phonics, addition, subtraction but his writing needed help (too big), so we tackled that and he is progressing.

I digress.  The "situation" is...my son is slow in what he does AND he daydreams when it comes to doing the work, whether at home or at school.  His teacher sent home a letter today stating that "he daydreamed from 9:15 am to 11:15 am and did no work."  When the  fall starts the K students  must be able to write sentences and copy from the board without help.  I'm not stressed....yet.  I know "E" can do sooooo much better, I know he is capable of it, but he does not show it.  

How do I stop this daydreaming "problem" from growing before it takes root?  Thank you.

|