binita
binita asks:
Q:

My 5 year old learn more at home than school. Should I change the school?

hi
my 5 year old son goes to private school in u.k. he is in reception class. he is doing very good in his studies. but the teacher send so much homework. for example this week he has been given 20 words to learn and remember the spelling. i have done this words with him before. so he can easily do these words in a week.but if any child can't do this in a week than same homework for next week. and we are not allowed to sign the homeword untill it is 100 % done. i think they should do this in school not at home. i always ask him what did you do in school today. and the most of time ,answer is i did painting today.or colouring today or put the 1 to 20 sticker in order.or colour the map or something like this.i think that school send the big homework like remember the spelling,reading rules at home and donot do much at school. i am paying them £500/month.i donot mind to put so much time and affort for my child. but concern that are we getting enough from our money.as i've seen so many parents send their children in public school and still do not have to give so much time and affert for homework.
am i  thinking wrong? is it ment to be like this. or otherway arround?should i change the school.?
In Topics: School and Academics, Helping my child with school work and home work, Worldwide education issues

|

Anonymous