nevill
nevill asks:
Q:

How to help my 5-year-old nephew with writing and understanding numbers?

Hi , im a [19 year old] student waiting to get back in school , for the time being im staying with my brother , his wife , our mother and there 2 kid's a 5 year-old and a 9 month-old . My question is that my 5 year-old nephew didnt go to school this year ( they moved and miss the enrollment date ) so my mother and i are trying to get him up to date on what he need's to know . He is having trouble writing and understanding what the number is  , he is a extreamly bright and smart child but he doesn't put any effort towards it . Is there anything that i can do different ???? thank you .
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school, Helping my child with writing, Helping my child with math

|
ashita21
ashita21 , Student writes:
make it interesting... use activities and games to get him to do these.
use different ways of showing the numbers. e.g. cut outs of the numbers, different textures in the shape of the numbers, tracing in the air and so on...
make sure that he enjoys it, by making it fun.
first get him to understand the number each symbol represents, that is 1 is 'one'... and so on...
once he is able to recognize them well enough, then go on to the writing part.
u can also get him to fill in the block sized numbers with colours, nething to get him familiar with the number symbols.
use toys, things he likes and so on...

this should really help! :D

2
0
pichazo
pichazo writes:
I think ASHITA21 gave you the best answer you could find, the only thing I will add is:
It is very importante that you gain the kid's trust, show him that you are there to help him and get involve in his daily activities, you have to come to his level, think like him, play with him while you both draw letters and numbers, but also be a good role model so he wants to be like his dad an his uncle. This will help him a lot.

0
0

1
0
Anonymous