GarciaJC
GarciaJC asks:
Q:

How can I help My 5 year old be prepared for the next school year when she started this one half way through second term?

Ex husband enrolled daughter into kinder half ways through second term. She's way behind,she barely learned how to write her name and the rest of class is reading three or four letter words. Now that I have my girls Im really trying to get her to where she should be
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, Learning issues and special needs, Children and stress

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Please ask for a school team meeting to help develop a plan for your children in order that their educational development can be successful.  They may offer afterschool or mentoring programs as one way to "catch her up" with her learning.

Consider the many workbooks and apps that are now available for learning of (pre) reading skills.

Louise Sattler
School Psychologist

1
0

LISSAMEL84
LISSAMEL84 writes:
There are tons of worksheets here on education.com that you can print up and work with her this summer.  They are very colorful and playful, so she will be interested and it will be less like learning for her.  She won't even know she's learning in other words.  Also, walmart and walgreens sell pre k, kinder and 1st grade workbooks that cover all subjects she would need to know.  I suggest getting them for all three years so she can get a leg up on the 1st grade.

1
0
Anonymous