GarciaJC asks:

How can I help My 5 year old be prepared for the next school year when she started this one half way through second term?

Ex husband enrolled daughter into kinder half ways through second term. She's way behind,she barely learned how to write her name and the rest of class is reading three or four letter words. Now that I have my girls Im really trying to get her to where she should be
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, Learning issues and special needs, Children and stress

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Please ask for a school team meeting to help develop a plan for your children in order that their educational development can be successful.  They may offer afterschool or mentoring programs as one way to "catch her up" with her learning.

Consider the many workbooks and apps that are now available for learning of (pre) reading skills.

Louise Sattler
School Psychologist