urthen2
urthen2 asks:
Q:

my 5 year old refuses to eat anything healthy HELP

For about a month now my 5 year old has been getting more and more picky about eating anything healthy at mealtime.It started with him saying 'I don't like that' about food that he loves.. When he sees candy or ice cream at a store he wants that. I figured it was his way of being independent but I'm worried. Now, it has progressed to where he will refuse to eat and have a tantrum when he does occasionally take a bite he spits it out because he does not want to eat. I have tried everything i can think of to resolve this, and ease his anxiety but nothing has worked. I have tried letting him choose an item we would have for dinner. I've tried telling him thats fine you don't have to eat if you aren't hungry but when you do get hungry this is what you can have. I have tried making him finish eating even after he has thrown his fit. I've tried punishment (loss of priveledges, time out) .I've had him at the Dr.but that hasn't helped. He's losing weight and I'm afraid he'll end up in the hospital due to not eating anything healthy.
In Topics: Nutrition

|

It's not easy dealing with picky eaters...  Sounds like you already tried many approaches, including getting medical evaluation without any results.  During the least visit, your son's doctor decided that there is nothing medically wrong causing his refusal to eat.  Possibly it is psychological and perhaps seeing a child counselor would not be a bad idea. However, since he is losing weight, you should return to your son's regular health care provider as soon as possible.

0
0