flutterby
flutterby asks:
Q:

my 5 year old son melts down when ever there is a physical change to his environment. Should I be worried?

If I change the living room or when my sister rearranged her house, he had a break down.  He cried on and off for hours and still talks about it.  At times he seems to be able to handle most anything, he is an extrovert and very caring about others feelings.  However if you change one thing he just breaks down.

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Raisi...
In Topics: Cognitive development, Self esteem and identity

|

It would seem that you have some concerns with your son which may warrant seeking the advice of a local professional.  Since he is of school age, if he attends public school you are then able to chat with a school counselor or psychologist.  I would also ask teachers if they have noticed any similar behaviors.

Louise Sattler, NCSP
Owner of Signing Families™

1
0